[Geany-devel] Git conversion completed

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Oct 9 11:55:14 UTC 2011

Le 09/10/2011 02:13, Jiří Techet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've completed the conversion to git. It went quite smoothly because I
> did it already before and fortunately the checksums remained the same
> so I could reuse the grafts files I already had (to be sure, I checked
> all the entries one by one).
>
> The repository is here:
>
> https://github.com/techee/geany
>
> Please have a good look at it. It's no problem to change it now but it
> will be hard once people start using it. For this reason please resist
> the temptation and don't update your branches on top of the repository
> yet. It's safer to wait until everyone agrees the repository is
> alright.

Looks good, great job again! :)

Just a few questions/remarks:

* the unstable branch don't seem to be always removed after merging, yet
it is re-created (4f20d88, 2f9719e).  This seem not correct since
according to svn, in both commits the branch was actually created.

* why does 3155474 have two parents?  It's supposed to be a new branch
out of 3a4a5b6; the old build-system branch was removed in r3939
(previous rev).

* 03c3b75 (r3679) is a bit weird too, it has d3cdd27 (r3680) as parent,
but as the SVN revision suggests, d3cdd27 is newer than it (13:53:04 vs
13:45:47).  And I don't see from SVN log why this would be wanted.

Apart this, the rest looks just fine :)

Cheers,
Colomban