[Geany-devel] Git conversion completed

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Oct 9 11:26:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 04:57, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 10/08/2011 05:13 PM, Jiří Techet wrote:
>
>> Please have a good look at it. It's no problem to change it now but it
>> will be hard once people start using it. For this reason please resist
>> the temptation and don't update your branches on top of the repository
>> yet. It's safer to wait until everyone agrees the repository is
>> alright.
>>

> It seems to be pretty good; the branches are nice and cleaned up, the tags
> look good, and the commit authors have the correct info to match up to their
> Github accounts.  I don't know too much what else to look for though :)

Yes, I think it's alright but the more eyes look at it, the better
chance someone notices something wrong.

Just for fun I tried to checkout and compile some very old versions of
Geany. Until commit 3f0512 (post 0.8 commit) everything compiles and
runs fine. For earlier versions you have to apply the patch from this
commit - after that you can run even the very first import to the
repository. And even with this old version you can say "yes, this is
Geany". Quite amazing that everything runs despite all the compiler
and library changes during the years.

Cheers,
Jiri