[Geany-devel] Git switch (for real)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Oct 3 22:17:44 UTC 2011

On 11-10-03 02:02 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> The commit mails may be more complicated, at least on Github there
> seems nothing ready-to-use AFAIK. They have the HTTP-Push hook which
> seems quite appropriate. We just need a script to receive that push and
> make it into a mail. However, I'm optimistic there is somewhere a
> usable implementation out there on the net.

GitHub has an "Email" service hook, presumably you could get this to
send a message to some mailing list.  There's also a service hook for IRC.

It also has RSS feeds for repositories as well as all kinds of
notifications that users can enable for different things (like commits,
comments, issues, etc).