[Geany-devel] Greetings from an IDE refugee

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Sat Nov 26 11:25:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Nathan Broadbent <nathan.f77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I'd like to expand the behaviour of 'Auto-close quotes and brackets', and
> make it work like the 'Pair char autocomplete' gedit plugin
>http://code.google.com/p/gedit-pair-char-autocomplete/:
>
> The plugin is smart enough to automatically overwrite existing closing
> brackets when appropriate. Selecting a block of text and typing an opening
> parenthesis or quote character will enclose the selection in quotes or
> parenthesis.

If I understand you correctly, you're referring to this bug report
[1]. It was recently discussed on the list [2], and there is even some
code implementing the feature as a plugin [3].

Regards
Liviu

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3383201&group_id=153444&atid=787794
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/geany-devel@uvena.de/msg05210.html