[Geany-devel] Greetings from an IDE refugee

Nathan Broadbent nathan.f77 at xxxxx
Sat Nov 26 17:41:14 UTC 2011

> If I understand you correctly, you're referring to this bug report
> [1]. It was recently discussed on the list [2], and there is even some
> code implementing the feature as a plugin [3].

> [1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3383201&group_id=153444&atid=787794
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/geany-devel@uvena.de/msg05210.html
> [3] https://github.com/pzoxiuv/Geany-Plugins

Oh, great! Amazing that this has been worked on so recently.
It's almost what I want... But I think it should be the default
behavior for 'auto-close quotes and brackets', instead of a plugin. I
don't think any extra configuration options are necessary - nobody
would complain about it if they've already turned on the 'auto-close'
feature. I also think that the actual characters are much more
appropriate triggers than 'Ctrl+<key>'.

Thanks for your help!
Nathan