[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins SVN Commit URLs

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Nov 2 17:22:25 UTC 2011

>>> https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk@5970
>>> ea778897-0a13-0410-b9d1-a72fbfd435f5
>>>
>>> We could have something like this:
>>>
>>> git-svn-id:
>>> [ea778897-0a13-0410-b9d1-a72fbfd435f5]
>>> (http://svn.geany.org/svnroot/geany/trunk?rev=5970)
>>>
>>> That way we could make the links work and be able to move the old
>>> SVN repository without breaking all the links in the commit
>>> message. I guess we'd need a little redirect script or something on
>>> geany.org. Note also the use of Markdown link syntax, which might
>>> render better on Github (not sure).
>>
>> I'm afraid I don't get what is needed here? Did I got you right to
>> setup complete mirror of ancient svn on geany.org?
>>

>Or easier, just make some URL forwarders/rewrites on geany.org so we
>don't have to depend on SourceForge.net to always store the SVN repo
>and never change URLs.  The SVN URLs in the Git commit messages will
>never be able to change ever in the future, so if we point it to a
>location we control, then we can ensure they remain valid.

I didn't follow the discussion completely but I'd be fine with setting
up some URL forwarders or even a copy of the SVN repository on
geany.org. Just tell me what you would like (once we have a decision).