[Geany-devel] Color Schemes Menu Patches

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue May 3 15:22:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:52:59 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 04/30/11 09:29, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:49:00 -0700
> > Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
> >
> >> In the interim, assuming that the performance isn't an issue, and that
> >> it only occurs on load (where all the tags for open files and stuff are
> >> being loaded anyway), the main patch (0001-...) is, imo, pretty clean
> >> and low-impact, could it be applied?  It's nice to see a proper name for
> >> the themes, like 'Slush and Poppies' rather than something like
> >> 'slush_and_poppies.conf' and it allows a description of the theme in the
> >> tooltip.
> >
> > I've now applied it, with changes. The patch only read the keys from
> > the user config file, not system one. Also it used
> > g_key_file_get_locale_string - we use g_key_file_get_string everywhere
> > else.
>
> I personally think since the values are directly displayed as UI
> elements/text that they should be allowed to be translated the way
> GKeyFile allows for.  Breaking this just to keep consistent with other
> code that doesn't read in UI element text directly seems odd to me.

Agree, I just failed to understand what g_key_file_get_locale_string
did at the time. The docs for it maybe could have been clearer, but my
fault. Now added.

Regards,
Nick