[Geany-devel] Set Filetypes Menu - group names

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun May 1 04:35:22 UTC 2011

On 1 May 2011 14:08, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 04/30/11 05:36, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>>> Hi Nick, I think the grouping is not too bad, although as I said
>>> before I don't like "Compiled" as a name, especially when its compiled
>>> vs scripting.  But I don't mind strongly, its up to general opinion.
>>
>> I think Compiled is more differentiated than Programming when compared
>> to Scripting. But any suggestions are welcome.
>
> I just had another idea on this; High-level languages and/vs Low-Level
> languages.  Maybe this is a good delimiter/term to differentiate between
> them?

For me that would put C in an item by itself, and all the rest together :-)

I don't even know what *you* mean by high level vs low level, but for
me most of these languages could argue as high level, even C (if you
argued long enough).