[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Mar 12 10:08:10 UTC 2011

On 12 March 2011 20:54, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:49:10 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12 March 2011 20:21, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

>> > Just thinking about adding a flag which is activating a paranoid
>> > check inside default build system and which lead into failing
>> > buildsin such a case. This would give plugin devs the chance to fix
>> > their code on one hand and unexperienced people which just want to
>> > test to have a build they can do their stuff with.
>>
>> Yeah, so long as it doesn't make the whole system too complicated and
>> is well documented, it has to be easily usable and maintainable :-)
>
> Yes, didn't had something else in my mind.
> For autotools this could be a new target with cpp-flags as on waf it
> could be an option on command line.
> Something, and I bag you to don't take me to serious, similar to:
> make devbuild or ./waf build --developer

Does "waf build --developer" build developers? That would be great we
could use some more!!!  (well you said not to take it too seriously
:-)

PS The question of course is does the nightly build use --developer,
I'd say yes for all the reasons I've listed previously.  But then by
who and when is --release (or whatever its called) used?