[Geany-devel] Ideas on increasing quality of plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 8 18:58:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:06:16 +0100, Frank wrote:

>Am 23.02.2011 01:10, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> For first thing, maybe we could enforce use/passing of those tools
>> mentioned and these before adding to release, examples:
>> http://www.splint.org/
>> http://valgrind.org/info/tools.html
>> (suppression for GTK -
>> http://people.gnome.org/~johan/gtk.suppression)
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/ (just for making coding styles
>> more consistent between plugins) http://check.sourceforge.net/ or
>> http://cutest.sourceforge.net/ or http://cunit.sourceforge.net/
>> Perhaps some or all of these could be automated.
>
>I like that idea. Can someone of you build up a howto on how to use it?
>I did try valgrind in past and wished for some advice ;)
>
>One this is done we can think of automatic tests with some of this
>tools.

I, and obviously, Colomban as well, though indepdent from each other :D,
recently played[1,2] with cppcheck. A small tool for static code
analysis which actually found a few things in the geany-plugins
repository.

As I'm currently reworking the system to create the nightly builds, we
could integrate such checks into the nightly builds, maybe run cppcheck
on the sources after the builds and present the results somewhere on
nightly.geany.org.

Just an idea.

[1] http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2011-February/003885.html
[2] http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2011-February/003981.html