[Geany-devel] save find settings

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 7 00:15:27 UTC 2011

On 7 March 2011 03:12, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:53:48 +0100
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, your patch is committed, thanks a bunch.
>>
>> I added another small change afterwards which should remain the saved
>> state for 'case sensitive' even if regex is checked. Hope that won't
>> break anything.
>
> Well, it does; the initial stash group display is a bit tricky:
>
> - Case sensitive is restored.
> - Regexp is restored. If checked, that causes a signal, which remembers
>  the case state.
>
> Your patch ignores this exact signal, so the first-regexp-uncheck-
> after-restart clears the case instead of leaving it as-is (I tested
> that to be sure). If we prefer clear-case, it can be done by simply
> moving the find_case_sensitive setting after find_regexp, as noted in
> the patch; same for the replace_ settings.

It just occurred to me that the case insensitive setting for regex
search and the case insensitive setting for non-regex search are
separate settings.  I don't know if that is really clear.

One makes the non-regex search case insensitive, the other adds the i
modifier to the regex and they don't have to be the same.

But they use the same UI element, which could be considered bad
design.  Even so they should be saved/restored when the dialog is
switched to/from regex and they should both be saved to disk
independently.

But I am not sure that the current code achieves this.