[Geany-devel] Real-time tag parsing (again) (was Geany FTW - better autocompletion)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Mar 6 14:29:24 UTC 2011

Le 06/03/2011 14:25, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 00:57:32 +0100, Colomban wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Le 19/12/2010 16:05, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Well! If you apply all these patches, you should have a working,
>>> real-time, in-memory tag parsing that should look good :)
>>>
>>> So, what's left? Testing of course, lot of it.
>>> Also, for now it doesn't update tag list before the first save (for
>>> new documents). I've not investigating the issue yet though.
>>>

>>> So I'll stop here, thank you for your time reading and let you test
>>> this, right? :)
>> I'm happy to announce that I've now committed these patches to trunk,
>> with some little improvements -- an option in the Preference dialog to
>> configure it, MIO integrated, better code in some places, etc.
>
> Great stuff!
>
> A few comments:
> - I fixed the Waf build script and the Windows Makefiles, there were
> just minor adjustments necessary and now it builds with Waf and on
> Windows. Yay.
Strange for waf I'm quite sure I tried it... maybe not then. Anyway,
thanks for reviewing and fixing these :)

> - you use va_copy() in MIO. va_copy is C99 while all the other va_*
> functions are C89. So far, we tried to stay compatible with C89 even
> though it is old (and it is old, and old). At least some years ago,
> there were actually users who had to use a C89 compiler.
> Maybe we should just stop C89 support as we are in 2011 in the
> meantime...
Ah, right... I'll see if I can fix this (e.g. maybe GLib have proper
stuff somewhere).

> Most important things is the licence of MIO.
> I think it's possible to release Geany as GPLv2+ with MIO included even
> though it's GPLv3. What I don't know is what's the overall licence of
> the Geany package is then. I'm not that good in licencing stuff :).
> And where do we need to state Geany contains GPLv3 code?
Actually, I relicensed MIO under v2+ for this purpose, but it seems I
forgot to import the new COPYING file, my bad. Fixed in SVN now.

Cheers,
Colomban