[Geany-devel] Annoying autocompletions

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Jun 6 07:27:50 UTC 2011

On 06/05/11 23:40, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>> AFAIK "complete word" is the same basic behavior as return, but one
>>> happens in our code and one in Scintilla.
>>
>> You would think, but it seems to just toggle the autocomplete list (maybe
>> between a few lists).
>>

> Hmmm, works the same for me, inserts the selected completion (current
> svn, new config, tab keybinding)?

Same setup here, except not new config and the "Complete word" binding
it's at the default of <Control>space.  If the autocomplete list is
showing, it cancels it, if it's not showing, it shows it.  A few snips
from the manual:

"The autocompletion list for symbols is presented when the first few
characters of the symbol are typed (configurable, see Editor Completions
preferences, default 4) or when the Complete word keybinding is pressed
(configurable, see Editor keybindings, default Ctrl-Space)."

"...Shows the autocompletion list. If already showing tag completion, it
shows document word completion instead, even if it is not enabled for
automatic completion. Likewise if no tag suggestions are available, it
shows document word completion."

>> I meant (pseudo code):
>>

> Understood, what I said was that makes return behave differently at
> end of line vs not at eol and I think thats bad.

Ah ok.  I don't feel strongly either way if it's good or bad.