[Geany-devel] plugins.geany.org now updating automatically via cronjob

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 12 11:24:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 03:05:44 +0100, Frank wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:04:32 +0100
>Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am Freitag, den 11.02.2011, 23:56 +0100 schrieb Dominic Hopf:
>> > In detail, this means the descriptions for your plugins at
>> > plugins.geany.org, which are generated from your README files, will
>> > be updated once per day at 04:05 UTC.
>>
>> Maybe it would be also a good idea to increase the frequency to every
>> hour or so? Tell me what you think.

Not sure whether every hour is really necessary. It's just that it
probably takes some server resources...but to be honest I didn't know
what the script does so I can't judge on that at this point.

But as you said in your first mail, plugin authors should keep the
information in the READMEs consistent with the released version.
This doesn't make much sense to me. The README in SVN should reflect
the latest development changes.
But I agree to have a version online at the website which fits the
released version. So, IMO it's better to adjust your script to generate
HTML from the tagged READMEs. And this is just necessary after a
release, not every hour.
What do you think?