[Geany-devel] svn export results in svn: Inconsistent line ending style

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 12 11:17:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:03:09 +0100, Dominic wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2011, 12:43 +1100 schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> On 10 February 2011 12:01, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hey guys,
>> >
>> > I just wanted to build a new snapshot of Geany from SVN. For this,
>> > I'm usually going to svn export the current working copy from
>> > trunk into another directory (to be clean of .svn subdirs). This
>> > time I got a bit weird output I don't understand yet:
>> >
>> > % LANG=C svn export geany geany-0.21
>> > svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>>
>> Yeah, if Enrico muttered the right incantations over the repository

I don't know if every single file has the eol-style SVN property set
but at least most of the files should have it.
There is a script at scripts/svn-add.sh which takes care about such SVN
properties and few other things. We, at least me and Nick, always use
this script to add new files to SVN.

>> Also maybe you have changes in your tree that are not line ending
>> consistent.

I guess this is most likely.
I just tried it with a clean checkout and the export works fine.