[Geany-devel] svn export results in svn: Inconsistent line ending style

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Thu Feb 10 21:03:09 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2011, 12:43 +1100 schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 10 February 2011 12:01, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I just wanted to build a new snapshot of Geany from SVN. For this, I'm
> > usually going to svn export the current working copy from trunk into
> > another directory (to be clean of .svn subdirs). This time I got a bit
> > weird output I don't understand yet:
> >
> > % LANG=C svn export geany geany-0.21
> > svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>
> Yeah, if Enrico muttered the right incantations over the repository
> SVN server will provide files with line endings appropriate to the
> client platform.
>
> maybe try --native-eol CRLF (or whatever matches your platform)
>
> Also maybe you have changes in your tree that are not line ending consistent.

  svn export geany geany-0.21 --native-eol LF

did the job. Now exports don't abort anymore, even with leaving the
--native-eol option again. Weird stuff. Thanks Lex.

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D