[Geany-devel] Issue with geanyLaTeX after GtkBuilder: Help needed to debug

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Dec 31 11:04:13 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2011 02:57 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Since about GtkBuilder come in into Geany core we are experiencing some
> issue with GeanyLaTeX in terms of in some cases the toolbar is not able
> tobe loaded and Geany is ending up inside a segfault. Most likely its
> repreducable by activating the toolbar and restarting Geany having a
> tex-file loaded. The issue seems to be located in near of line
> https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/blob/master/geanylatex/src/geanylatex.c#L168
> unfortunately I don't have any bloody idea, what might is going wrong.
> Anyone else could jump in here?

Can you post a full traceback from gdb with debugging symbols?

IIRC the toolbar was already using GtkBuilder and is not in the same
.glade file as the rest of the UI (and theoretically shouldn't be
affected by it).