[Geany-devel] GtkFileChooser "recent" annoyance

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Dec 21 06:50:42 UTC 2011

Am 21.12.2011 02:58, schrieb Matthew Brush:

>> And maybe add an hidden option in case ppl actually like the GTK
>> feature?
>>

> It's actually a *GNOME* feature that crept into GTK+.  This seems to
> be a pattern lately that makes me very sad. I guess they think because
> their target users are idiots that everyone that uses GTK+ in their
> program has the same target users.

But it's in GTK, and it'll behave that way everywhere where GTK is, no?
I.e. on non-Gnome DEs. So how's that a Gnome-only thing? Unless GTK has
a "if (gnome) {}" code path?

Best regards.