[Geany-devel] GP HACKING changes

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Dec 16 15:42:53 UTC 2011

Le 16/12/2011 02:56, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I made some changes[1] to the HACKING file for Geany-Plugins, mostly
> trivial plus I copied and pasted Colomban's committing information from
> Geany's HACKING file.
>
> I made one addition here, and wanted to see if it's cool with everyone:
>
>> +* If you're working on a specific plugin, prefix the summary line
>> +  with the lower case name of the plugin (same as the directory name)
>> +  to make it easier to know which commit affected which plugin without
>> +  having to thoroughly examine the commit diff itself.  No prefix is
>> +  needed if the commit is non-plugin specific or affects only files
>> +  outside of the plugins' directories.
>
> If it's stupid, I can just remove it, but it seems like it might make it
> a little easier, especially for IRC and email commit messages.
>
> Let me know.

I think it's good :)  We used to have such a prefix, and even though
it's easy with Git to get the history of a single directory, it makes
obvious what part is affected at first glance; so I think it's good.

> P.S. Are commit mails working for Geany-Plugins?  I didn't get one for
> this commit.

I did receive the commit mail for the GP HACKING change so I guess it
works :)

Cheers,
Colomban