[Geany-devel] GP HACKING changes

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Dec 16 01:56:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I made some changes[1] to the HACKING file for Geany-Plugins, mostly
trivial plus I copied and pasted Colomban's committing information from
Geany's HACKING file.

I made one addition here, and wanted to see if it's cool with everyone:

> +* If you're working on a specific plugin, prefix the summary line
> +  with the lower case name of the plugin (same as the directory name)
> +  to make it easier to know which commit affected which plugin without
> +  having to thoroughly examine the commit diff itself.  No prefix is
> +  needed if the commit is non-plugin specific or affects only files
> +  outside of the plugins' directories.

If it's stupid, I can just remove it, but it seems like it might make it
a little easier, especially for IRC and email commit messages.

Let me know.

P.S. Are commit mails working for Geany-Plugins?  I didn't get one for
this commit.

[1]
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/commit/5afe76c356e96c847556236cdb169878d4d64b9b