[Geany-devel] Just a stupid github question: How to merge a pull request with fast forward?

Nathan Broadbent nathan.f77 at xxxxx
Tue Dec 13 10:14:47 UTC 2011

> And another question: Is github allowing to do an automatic rebase for
> forks?
> E.g. I have forked geany-plugins into my namespace
> https://github.com/frlan/geany-plugins
> and want to keep it up to date. Do I need to to it locally with git
> remote --add etc. or is there any gui for?

It's not possible to keep a fork up to date automatically. Any changes
on your fork would start to produce merge conflicts that can't be
resolved automatically.
Also, there isn't too much benefit in having your own fork of the
code, apart from having a place to store experimental branches that
you don't want on the main repository. In that case, you should just
delete the master branch from your fork and track the master branch
from geany/geany-plugins.

Best regards,
Nathan B