[Geany-devel] [geanyprj] coding style patch

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Dec 13 08:11:28 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 11:02 PM, Yura Siamashka wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry I didn't follow conversion to github and I am not really familiar with new workflow.
>
> So as GeanyPrj maintainer how do I commit patch to mainline? Should my github user be added to "main" geany-plugins repository or I need to create new fork with related changes and create pull request to main geany-plugins from time to time?

I think Frank asked for Github usernames in another thread for this.

> This github stuff is a bit confusing for me.

There was some discussion about doing something like this:

1. Go to github.com/geany/geany-plugins and click "Fork"
2. Go to github.com/you/geany-plugins and get the clone URL
3. From terminal:
   $ git clone <address from github in step 2>
   $ cd geany-plugins/geanyprj
   $ git checkout -b your-topic-branch
   <hack, commit, hack, commit, ...>
4. git push origin your-topic-branch
5. Go to github.com/you/geany-plugins/tree/your-topic-branch and click
the "Pull Request" button.

Or we might end up just working from the main repository ourselves like
we did with SVN, unless someone can step up to review all the pull requests.

Frank did you decide on a "best practice" yet?