[Geany-devel] geany-plugins converted to git

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 11 12:34:46 UTC 2011

On 10/12/11 20:19, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 09:50:25 +0100
> Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 21:43:56 +0100
>> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That's true. If you prefer, I've just created a new repository
>>> without the useless side-branch before 0.17.1
>>>
>>> https://github.com/techee/geany-plugins2
>>>
>>> Looks a bit nicer. You can use whichever repository you prefer.
>>
>> Looks nicer. Would take geany-plugins2 repo. Any objectives?
>
> OK. I've just pushed to https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins
> Have fun ;)

Yeehaw.

I updated http://git.geany.org/ to work with the new geany-plugins
repository instead of the SVN repo.

While at it, I moved the git.geany.org site to uvena.de (the server
where almost all Geany services are hosted), just for your interest.
This should not affect anything, I hope. The benefit is just the
services are more concentrated on one machine instead of scattered
around. The side effect is, the Geany developers with SSH access to this
machine can see and if necessary, administer git.geany.org as well.

Oh, and another while at it, I updated the cgit version on git.geany.org
to the latest stable. If anything seems broken, please tell me.

For the interested, I'll work on the commit mails format soonish,
probably after the Christmas vacations.

One more word about servers and infrastructure though it's slightly
off-topic regarding the plugins repo migration but still:
currently, everything is hosted on uvena.de except for irc.geany.org
(there runs the IRC bot, IRC stats and the IRC log files). I'll intend
to move this site as well at some point but can't tell when.
And then the nightly builds are created on a separate host, this most
probably won't change as I don't want to bother uvena.de with compiling
tons of code :). uvena.de/geany.org's purpose is to serve websites and
stuff, not being a buildbot.
Anyways, I'll plan to move all Geany-related infrastructure stuff to a
dedicated server (separated from my private stuff on uvena.de) and then
also use a separate server for the nightly builds. But more details on
this later, we just don't have the server yet :).
The main goals of these plans are to:
a) separate Geany infrastructure from private infrastructure
b) concentrate the Geany infrastructure to make it more transparent and
accessible for the other developers (bus factor...)

P.S.: it's ok when my private server keeps unmaintained after I was hit
by a bus but that's not ok for Geany. Though, I don't plan to get hit by
a bus :).