[Geany-devel] Geany Color Schemes and Extras Page

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Dec 11 03:08:35 UTC 2011

On 12/07/2011 09:17 PM, Nathan Broadbent wrote:
>> So what I propose is to move these links (and also the online color scheme
>> generator) to a sub-page or sub-section for "legacy" color schemes, with a
>> description about when to use which colour schemes with which versions. This
>> way people who use older Geany versions can still access them but they won't
>> be the "default" schemes users will find. I'd also like to put descriptions,
>> screenshots and links to the geany-themes color schemes on the Extras page.
>> If time allows I plan to also  extend the wiki page[4] to include
>> information about the older colour schemes and the transition/version stuff.
>
> Hello,
>
> When I started evaluating Geany, the 'Themes' section on the Extras
> page really turned me off. Theme support appeared to be limited, some
> of the links were broken, and some of the themes didn't work.
> It took me a long time to find your geany-themes project on github,
> since I only found it after searching Github for geany related
> projects.
> But when I found it, it really influenced my decision about switching to Geany.
>
> So I would like to help to re-organize and update the Extras page. If
> nothing else, it needs some clearer section headings. I'm a web
> developer by trade, so please let me know if there's any way I can
> help.
> I would like to offer to create the screenshots for each of the themes
> in geany-themes, create a gallery page for these (perhaps with a nice
> jQuery lightbox), and add a link to this gallery from the sidebar. I
> really think the collection of themes is big enough to deserve it's
> own page.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

The website is using PmWiki?  so it should be just a matter of modifying
the Extras page markup.  I already have most (all?) of the screenshots
here[1] it's just a matter of making them more accessible.

While I do have opinions about more intense website updates, I'll
reserve them for other discussions :)

[1] https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-themes/tree/0.20/screenshots