[Geany-devel] Default search behavior is irritating

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Dec 7 01:35:29 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 11:34 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 06/12/2011 03:02, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>> On 12/05/2011 05:52 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

>>> I agree, why hasn't it been committed already?
>>>

>> Because only a few people have tested it and we don't have a `devel`
>> branch for "unstable" code :)
>
> It'd need people to try the "devel" branch too ;)

Good point :)

> Well.  I haven't tried the branch that much either -- only tried it once
> actually I think.  My bad.

It's hard to use it consistently for day-to-day use since we're always
testing stuff from master and whatnot, no worries.

> However I agree that it should be merged into master.  It'd get more
> testing, we want this change to happen and currently we "fear" changing
> the UI file, which is not good for development  (actually it didn't
> wanted to change the UI 'til that patch, but still).
> And IIUC you use the branch, so there shouldn't be *too* annoying bugs.

The main thing I can notice is some warnings on the console (I think
about some shared menu items), but I couldn't notice any missing
functionality and I couldn't figure where the messages were coming from
since there's no line number, just process ID.

> So +1 for you to merge it to master, and we'll handle any problem if
> there are some.

Will do this weekend then.  I'm certain there will be some bugs but
probably mostly minor and it will help having better programmers than me
working on it too :)