[Geany-devel] Default search behavior is irritating

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Dec 5 19:27:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 19:22:55 +0100
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 04/12/2011 14:44, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> >
> > It turned out to be quite easy, because the two meanings are actualy
> > used separately...
>
> Great!
>
> A few comments:
>
>  * I better see the new prefs under the [serach] group, with
> "pref_main_" prefix stripped;

Moved them just above "pref_search_current_file_dir" and removed
"main_". Not sure about the "pref_search_" though. All [search]
settings have a dialog prefix or infix, and "pref_search_" looks to me
like "Preferences dialog, Search section". If that's not the case,
please rename them as you see fit.

The compatibility code became a bit worse.

>  * The GeanySearchPrefs struct change breaks the plugin ABI since it
> changes the offset of the "use_current_word" field that is in the API
> [1].  Since the prefs are not a whole anymore, just put one in place of
> "suppress_dialogs" and add the other somewhere after "use_current_word"
> (the only field in the API).

suppress_dialogs -> always_wrap, hide_find_dialog at end.

--
E-gards: Jimmy