[Geany-devel] Default search behavior is irritating

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Dec 4 18:22:55 UTC 2011

Le 04/12/2011 14:44, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 00:48:40 +0100
> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 03/12/2011 20:56, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
>>
>>> There is one, and only one thing, that is unquestionably better IMHO:
>>> separate [ ] "Always wrap search and hide the Find dialog" into [...]
>>
>> Yep, this sounds sensible to me.  It'd be better flexible and I can
>> understand somebody was one and not the other.  So yeah, go ahead :)
>>

> It turned out to be quite easy, because the two meanings are actualy
> used separately...

Great!

A few comments:

 * I better see the new prefs under the [serach] group, with
"pref_main_" prefix stripped;

 * The GeanySearchPrefs struct change breaks the plugin ABI since it
changes the offset of the "use_current_word" field that is in the API
[1].  Since the prefs are not a whole anymore, just put one in place of
"suppress_dialogs" and add the other somewhere after "use_current_word"
(the only field in the API).

Apart these, the patch looks just fine and work good :)

Regards,
Colomban

[1] Although I can't find any plugin using it, neither in code Geany nor
in geany-plugins...