[Geany-devel] Geanyembrace: Anybody who like to maintain it?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Aug 26 02:58:29 UTC 2011

On 08/25/2011 07:53 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>>> Why not :-)
>>>

>> Mostly because I like using real Git and having it on GitHub.  Also, it's a
>> pain having a plugin with it's own autotools and GP autotools build systems
>> mixed, at least as far as I've figured out.
>
> Ahh, dear old autofools .... ya gotta hate it.
>
> Still you could get it listed on the website as an external plugin
> like embrace and keep your bespoke methods.
> (And ref our other thread, you have tested it on all permutations of
> Linux&  windows, 32 and 64 bit, X86, Atom and Arm? ;-)

Nope, just Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 myself, others have used it with
Fedora from what I gather.

>>> But zencoding does have an external dependency that embrace does not.
>>>

>> Who doesn't have Python?  :)  (ok, windows guys, but still...)
>
> I was thinking of zencoding itself :-) but since you mention Python...

Zencoding isn't a dependency as the python scripts are included with the
plugin.  Since Geany can not support Python (yet) I had to embed the
Python interpreter.