[Geany-devel] Git for plugins (was: Re: geany on github; why not?)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 25 05:51:24 UTC 2011

[...]
> Due the huge number of contributors at the plugins project and the,
> well quiet often broken build, a more decentralized process would be
> good for the plugins. We talked about this a couple of days ago inside
> IRC and we came to that point, that it would be might useful to make
> more usage of branches and only merge to trunk, when its apply correct
> and build is not broken and some other points of policy is met -
> Well I'm imagine a bit the Linux Kernel development model even of
> course the plugins are not that big - not yet ;)

Only a minor change to your new name, Frank Linus?

> This could be done on svn its a bit a more complicated so maybe a git
> (or brz, hg) would be useful here. But this is something for
> post-21-plugins release.

Yes, with DVCS each plugin can have its own repository and the Geany
project only needs to manage the aggregated build.  The rule would be
like the Linux one, don't break Franks tree :-)

Looks like the policy needs include 64 bit test builds (at least until
the int/pointer errors go away).