[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Aug 19 21:11:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:57:36 -0500
Josh <joshua.rh at comcast.net> wrote:

> @Lex: That makes sense.  After this weekend I'll still have time, but
> it'll be more sparse.  I'd like to be a part of it; so let me know what
> we/I need to do to get this going.  Thanks!

1st step: We need to check for points the new system needs to offer
(just because github is cool at the moment, I would have a bad feeling
if we don't think about what we need before doing anything) and which
system might could solve them.
There is at least github, gitourios and google code if we just have a
view onto git. There are also a couple of services offering hg or bzr
which are pretty similar to git. So pretty much I'm looking for a
specification sheet with possible matches for solution. I suggest to
collect this inside the wiki.

2nd step: Decide which system fits best (doodle maybe)

3rd step: Collect what needs to be done in terms of transition. Maybe
you can use the wiki for.

4th step: Setting up plan.

Cheers,
Frank