[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 08:21:04 UTC 2011

> We talked about outdated distribution as e.g. Ubuntu LTS. A windows dev
> could use latest stable release of plugins and Geany as provided on
> homepage or nightly.

You are right, windows stuff is under our control and shame on us if
we get them out of sync.  BTW when is the Geany plugins release for
Geany 0.21 going to be? :-D

But even so we shouldn't make the assumption that every Linux user is
a C developer and shouldn't force them to be one if their distro is a
bit behind, especially with plugin packages.

IIRC Suse has their factory where things can be built, not just for
Suse, but for debian, fedora etc.  Those repos seem to have 0.18.1 and
0.20 for all versions but only plugins for 0.20.

OTOH I still use a distro based on Ubuntu LTS (10.04) but 0.20 is
available in the package manager via the underlying debian packages.