[Geany-devel] [Geany] Expose yellow wavy line in GeanyIndicators

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 13 00:13:19 UTC 2011

[...]
>> 1. Selecting the text makes it work like normal find and
>
> Select the entire line?.. FIF / Find usage operate on lines, not words.

Find usage knows the character position and size of the match, it just
has to save it to be selected
FIF will have to ask grep to mark the match(s) on the line and parse
them for character positions to be selected

>> 2.  it makes focusing the edit window actually useful.
>
> I wrote this assuming that the change which focuses the edit window on
> double-clicking a message will be applied soon. SCI_SETFOCUS only makes
> the edit window appear as focused (caret, current line highlighted),
> but the message window retains focus, and when I tested it, that was
> confusing against the double-click.

What I meant is that focusing the window is not much use if the cursor
position is going to be start of line, since I have to click in the
window anyway to position the cursor (unless it happens that I want
something close to the start).  Selecting the match text has several
advantages:

1. what matched is more visible so I can check I've got the right
thing, the flashing caret is not real visible

2. the purpose of focusing the edit window is to allow me to start
typing, the search string is more likely to be close to the place I
need to edit than start of the line is

3. it is consistent with the behavior of the other searches