[Geany-devel] [Geany] Expose yellow wavy line in GeanyIndicators

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 11 23:24:14 UTC 2011

On 12 August 2011 02:14, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM
> Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Right now there are only two values in GeanyIndicators. There is a
>> cool red underline for errors, but it would be even cooler to have a
>> yellow wavy underline for warnings. Would that be possible for you to
>> expose such value there?
>
> ALL: while on that, woudn't it be a good thing to have underlining for
> FIF / Find Usage? There is an arrow indicator, but it's only for the
> clicked line, and the markers margin may be invisible. I'd prefer all
> matching lines marked, and there is a similar feature request [1]. Of
> course, it's easier to make it as Liviu suggested (a SCI_SETFOCUS is
> enough), but I find that confusing - looks like the editor is actually
> focused - and it's also for the clicked line only.

Prefer selecting to underlining, there is enough crap in the edit
window as is.

1. Selecting the text makes it work like normal find and

2.  it makes focusing the edit window actually useful.

I didn't even notice that the edit window didn't focus since I always
have to click where on the line I want the cursor, if the search text
is selected then thats a likely useful position making focus useful,
and then ordinary search can focus as well.

Lets not be inconsistent, lets not have some searches focus the edit
window and some not, some select the text and some not.

> Filip: that yellow looks too bright to me as well. Of course, due to
> the different color schemes, nothing will look good for everyone. The
> right thing will be to make it configurable, see GEANY_INDICATOR_SEARCH
> in highlighting.c for an example.

Good idea.

> ALL: unlike all other settings, our error underlining is a constant
> 0xFF0000, though I think the Japanese developers would prefer 0x00FF00.
> How about making it configurable?..

Good idea.