[Geany-devel] [Geany] Expose yellow wavy line in GeanyIndicators

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Aug 11 16:14:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now there are only two values in GeanyIndicators. There is a
> cool red underline for errors, but it would be even cooler to have a
> yellow wavy underline for warnings. Would that be possible for you to
> expose such value there?

ALL: while on that, woudn't it be a good thing to have underlining for
FIF / Find Usage? There is an arrow indicator, but it's only for the
clicked line, and the markers margin may be invisible. I'd prefer all
matching lines marked, and there is a similar feature request [1]. Of
course, it's easier to make it as Liviu suggested (a SCI_SETFOCUS is
enough), but I find that confusing - looks like the editor is actually
focused - and it's also for the clicked line only.

Filip: that yellow looks too bright to me as well. Of course, due to
the different color schemes, nothing will look good for everyone. The
right thing will be to make it configurable, see GEANY_INDICATOR_SEARCH
in highlighting.c for an example.

ALL: unlike all other settings, our error underlining is a constant
0xFF0000, though I think the Japanese developers would prefer 0x00FF00.
How about making it configurable?..

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3386140&group_id=153444&atid=787794

--