[Geany-devel] Groovy Syntax Highlighting

Daniel Horz daniel at xxxxx
Tue Aug 2 20:52:45 UTC 2011

Hello and Good Morning Geany Folks!

I’ve just now subscribed to this list and this is my first mail, so
please be kind :)

At the moment I am working on a little Groovy project, so I thought it
would be nice to have syntax highlighting for that in geany. I read
http://www.geany.org/manual/index.html#filetype-definition-files and
hacked away. The attached tar ball is the first result, i thought you
might have a use for it. `groovy/filetypes.groovy.diff` is a diff from
`filetypes.java`. Linking `groovy/filetypes.groovy` as
`groovy/filetypes.Groovy.conf` into `~/.config/geany/filedefs/` works
fine for me, so it should be usable.

Oh and @dmaphy pointed out that scintilla might aready have a groovy
lexer. According to https://code.google.com/p/scintillua/wiki/LexerList
they do, might be easier to just include that ;)

Over and out,

Daniel Horz