[Geany-devel] GObject, new plugin interface ....

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Thu Apr 28 13:14:19 UTC 2011

Am 28.04.2011 14:54, schrieb Frank Lanitz:

> I think we had an agreement that we can develop it inside a new branch
> (where of course you can commit) and once its stable its getting merged
> into trunk.
>
> If everybody is fine with it I'd suggest to give Matthew commit rights
> for new branch to build up the GObject plugin interface as some kind of
> project leader.

That doesn't make a lot of sense.

It doesn't enhance the chance to get reviewed and merged into trunk. If
neither happens it ends up like the sm-branch.
And on the other hand working with branches is far better with Git,
especially if you like using Git better (which is I suspect true for
Matthew).

So it can just as well, or better, be developed outside on e.g. Github,
but Matthew's points still remain.

Best regards.