[Geany-devel] filetype-independent run command & keybinding - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[5673] trunk/TODO

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Apr 4 11:45:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:35:14 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > add item: filetype-independent run command & keybinding.
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> Just to maybe save you some work.
>
> Remember that a run command in the users geany.conf or the project
> (not project filetype) is filetype independent, just that there is no
> GUI, you have to hand edit the conf files.  It would of course make

I remember you mentioning that. But I think it should be a separate
command from the filetype run command - i.e. a second menu item and
keybinding.

> the GUI more complex (and maybe less usable?) to be able to do this.
> I would love to have the time to re-address that !@#$%^& GUI.

I think if we implement the TODO item we should divide the dialog into
2 notebook tabs:

Filetype commands
Independent commands

Another option would be to divide into: