[Geany-devel] [Patch] : On closing the last tab create new untitled document.

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Sep 22 00:34:00 UTC 2010

Le 22/09/2010 02:20, Erik de Castro Lopo a écrit :
> Nick Treleaven wrote:
>
>> So closing the last new document doesn't create a new document straight
>> away?
>
> Correct.
>
>> Are you sure you're running current SVN?
>
> Absolutely. I have checked. Twice.
For me it works perfectly well (SVN r5250). I close the last tab, a new
empty one opens right away.

>> Anyway, Frank Lanitz has asked for a pref for this and personally I
>> don't really like the behaviour. Earlier you said:
>>
>>> This is simply what every other app I can think of that uses
>>> tabs does when the last tab is closed.
>>
>> Gedit (2.20) does not do this. Do you have examples of a text
>> editing app with this behaviour?
I personally see the behavior Erik want as natural (don't know why), but
I really don't care about it. That said, I don't see why it is be a
problem since a single, fresh, empty tab is closed when opening a file.
So perhaps: why *don't* do this?
But again, I personally don't care.

Regards,
Colomban