[Geany-devel] [Patch] : On closing the last tab create new untitled document.

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Wed Sep 22 00:20:02 UTC 2010

Nick Treleaven wrote:

> So closing the last new document doesn't create a new document straight
> away?

Correct.

> Are you sure you're running current SVN?

Absolutely. I have checked. Twice.

> Anyway, Frank Lanitz has asked for a pref for this and personally I
> don't really like the behaviour. Earlier you said:
>
> > This is simply what every other app I can think of that uses
> > tabs does when the last tab is closed.
>
> Gedit (2.20) does not do this. Do you have examples of a text
> editing app with this behaviour?

Correct, Gedit doesn't and has the same annoying behaviour that
Geany has.

Nedit and jEdit have what I consider the behaviour.

Erik