[Geany-devel] Patch for the lisp highlighter

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Oct 8 14:58:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:15:47 +0100
Mário Silva <sharelider at gmail.com> wrote:

> i understand but i dunno where to summit the changes to the scintilla
> project, and your commit broken the compile cus some constants and some
> names are different, im already trying to apply to the group mailing list,
> please so it doest get broken, consider apply this patch to fix it, and when
> i can i summit to the scintilla.

The build is not broken for me. A clean trunk checkout should build
fine.

I decided not to apply your lexer changes because they could be lost
when we update Scintilla. This is mentioned in the hacking file.

(Unfortunately it's slightly more complicated to submit changes back to
Scintilla at the moment because Scintilla changed their lexer property
code. If you send them a patch they may be able to adjust it though or
explain what changes need making).

BTW one problem with your patch is that it changes the values of the
existing Lisp constants, which break Scintilla's ABI.

Regards,
Nick