[Geany-devel] undefined reference to `main' when trying to generate plugin.so file

shan chak shankholove at xxxxx
Sat Nov 27 05:35:45 UTC 2010

Hi,
I started reading the introduction page on plugin development:

http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/howto.html

I copy pasted the program and fired a shell to compile it , this is what I
got:

shankhs at shankhs:~/geany/shankhs$ gcc -c plugin.c -fPIC `pkg-config --cflags
geany`

shankhs at shankhs:~/geany/shankhs$ gcc plugin.o -o plugin.so-shared
`pkg-config --libs geany`
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function
`_start':
(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The last error was a show stopper , I wasn't able to go forward :( .
I am not great with pkg-config, so can anybody please help me in finding a
solution to this problem?

Where is geany's lib folder exactly installed? and where should I put my
plugin to let geany know?

Thank you
shankhs