[Geany-devel] Java parser has issues with Object array return types. - C parser

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Fri Nov 26 14:28:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:56:13 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> 'tagmanager/c.c' does Java parsing and is based on CTags, but it is
> quite out of sync. Depending on the patch it's possible it could be
> compatible with CTags too. It's also possible they already fixed the
> problem.

Regarding the sync, you weren't kidding. I've not yet identified what
the difference is that allows the newer version to work (but it seems
to, the resulting tags file has a single entry for the test function
that I put in my initial mail.

A question; if the change turns out to be large, would it be a better
idea to re-base the tagmanager to use the current ctags code. IIRC
someone was looking at doing memory based parsing of tags, rather than
file based so it might be useful if we collaborated a little on this.

Jon