[Geany-devel] geany-plugins depends on GIO - plugin API

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Nov 19 18:37:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:56:21 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just structures (ie each pointer in GeanyData), no need to protect
> individual members because over time structures should be removed from
> the API because they expose implementation details that are then
> frozen.  They should use accessors to read/write only the information
> the plugin needs and new fields should be exposed that way rather than
> in the structures.

I haven't been following this thread (subject no longer applies,
methinks), but I don't really think we should add accessors for
all fields.

Nick