[Geany-devel] folding problem

Jason Oster jason.oster at xxxxx
Fri Nov 5 22:22:03 UTC 2010

On 11/05/2010 01:30 PM, WILLIAM FRASER wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've spotted what might be two problems with folding... They are
> demonstrated with the following line of Java code:
>
> Image[] AnnimationPics; //{picture number,delay in 10ths of a second
> until changes to next image}
>
> This line is marked as a folding point when it should not be.

This is a feature [1] in Scintilla (the text editor component used by
Geany).  See the fold.comment option in SciTE [2].

I'm not sure of the state of this feature in Geany (if it can be
disabled without disabling the folding of multi-line comments as well)
but Nick submitted a patch to the Scintilla mailing list in June [3].
And he made a change to Geany on the same day that "re-enables" comment
folding [4].

[1] http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2999043&group_id=2439&atid=102439