[Geany-devel] [Patch] Expand plugin preference page

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat May 22 20:14:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

While creating the preference dialog of my plugin I noticed that the
widget that plugin_configure() creates is packed without expending,
which obviously avoids widgets to expand in a plugin preference page.

I then suggest to change this behavior to pack the plugin's page with
expansion and fill flags, to allow it to... hum, expand. This makes
things like text view, tree view, and globally any widget that is
generally packed in a scrolled window better usable (since they fills
the dialog instead of leaving a possible blank space on the bottom and
keep being small).

I tested all geany-plugins before and after changing this, and it
doesn't change anything for most plugins, with the following exceptions:
* GeanyVC expands, which is globally invisible since it is the one with
the tallest preference page;
* GeanySendMail expands and becomes quite ugly;
* Code Navigation benefits of it: it expands its treeview of patterns;
* And GeanyGenDoc heavily benefits of this (of course :-°);
* All the other plugins I've tested (File Browser, Spell Check, Save
Actions, Tree Browser, and of course those who use a configure_single(),
GeanyDoc and GeanyGDB) looks exactly the same.

I think it is a good idea to do this since it still let widgets not to
expand, but let them also expand if wanted.
This is a /very small/ patch indeed (two FALSE on the same line becomes
TRUE).

Regards,
Colomban