[Geany-devel] About translation of plugin name and description

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri May 14 17:11:35 UTC 2010

> > > I think this is true only for plugins shipped with Geany itself as
> > > those use Geany's gettext domain.
> > Well… for them, why wouldn't they be translated even before being
> > loaded then? Still strange to me :/
>
> Because those plugins don't have a separate message catalogue but
> instead use the one from Geany, i.e. all strings within those plugins
> are already loaded once you start Geany.
Yes, but then why would not they be translated /even before/ being
loaded? I mean, at the time of the plugin's _set_info() call, the
translation catalogue is already set up, and then calls to gettext
should work properly -- and they do with the current version.

Regards,
Colomban