[Geany-devel] GtkRecentManager slowness - Re: [patch] Improved documents list sorting

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun May 9 13:33:47 UTC 2010

> On Sat, 8 May 2010 15:37:53 +0200 (CEST), lists.ban at herbesfolles.org
> wrote:

>> > I'm not sure what you mean. Only add the last 10 files when opening
>> > multiple files at once?
>> Yes. Or even better than "the last 10", the number returned by
>> gtk_recent_manager_get_limit().
>
> According to the docs, the "limit" property defaults to -1 which
> probably means 'no limit'. So, if the default is no limit, we would not
> gain much by it, I'm afraid.
> Am I missing something?
Hum, no you're right, I talked way too fast.
The number of actually displayed items is in
GtkSettings:gtk-recent-files-limit. But the default seems to be 50 (on a
Ubuntu 8.10 live CD at least), which is still a lot to add -- less than
300 but still.
But hum, do you set it yourself in geany? (since there is only 10 actually
displayed IIRC)

Regards,
Colomban