[Geany-devel] Hello

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 9 11:45:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, 08 May 2010 20:36:10 +0200, Ondrej wrote:

Hi Ondrej,

> my name is Ondrej Donek and I'm 28-year old (mainly) PHP developer
> from Czech Republic. Before a while I started using Geany and because
> I like it I want to start to contributing into the project.

Cool!
Welcome here!

> I started with a small addition which I can use in my work - a PHP
> support for a Classbuilder plugin. It includes another menu entry,
> customized dialog and some new code for generating template. Included
> is all what is needed for generating classes for PHP 5.3+ with
> singleton checkbox as a bonus. I'm attaching a patch of
> classbuilder.c and I will be gratefull for all comments because I'm
> not skilled C/C++ developer.

Great. I had a quick look and will commit it later today. If there are
any issues, I'll tell you.

> I've also look over requested features on SourceForge and I found two
> small requests which I like and (hopefully) can do: #2997238
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2997238&group_id=153444&atid=787794>

I started working on this one and will finish it tonight. So no need to
duplicate efforts :).

> and #2972547
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2972547&group_id=153444&atid=787794>.
> Please, provide me some hints how to start with work and what is
> needed to do (besides the codding).

That would be cool. The filebrowser plugin (this is what it is about)
should already have some kind of path completion, at least I thought I
implemented it some time ago. After a very quick, it seems broken, no
idea why. If you want to have a look, that'd cool. Start in
plugins/filebrowser.c :).

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.