[Geany-devel] save all on build - Re: Patches required by gproject

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 22 11:10:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:05:02 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 June 2010 22:29, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > The base path should be the root of all project files.
>
> Whilst I always do it this way (at least so far) the devil in me wants
> to know why this is a requirement?

Because that's what it's called: *base* path. Everything that reads
that path expects it to be the root. Of course you can set it to
anything, but it would be less useful.

> >> You are right, there is no way to tell, and it also has to work
> >> without a project so initially I am only going to offer the options
> >> save none, save current or save all.
> >
> > Perhaps that is OK.
>
> Ok.
>

> >> Because of the way the build dialog is planned to operate it is
> >> actually easier to make this an option you can choose per menu item.
> >> This also makes it possible to choose to save all for the make
> >> commands and only save current for the compile commands if thats how
> >> you want it to operate.
> >
> > Lex, this makes the design too complex. A global pref would be enough.
>
> It actually makes no difference to the implementation, all  it changes
> is the dialog that the option is on, so if everyone is happy that a
> single global pref is acceptable from the user point of view then I'll
> do that.

I'd rather not add options to the build dialog unless they are really
wanted.

Regards,
Nick