[Geany-devel] Git switch

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Jun 19 15:46:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:15:03 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the question should rather be WHETHER to move and not WHERE to move
> - the latter is much less important at this point. The only thing I'd
> like to see is that one of the repositories makes it possible to
> create personal clones for external developers.

I dislike to more at the moment, even I see there is a number of
votes for git etc. However, I suggest this:
Why not keeping one of the git mirrors up to date and build it up to
some kind of official mirror with a maintainer (or a group of), who is
pulling from possibles clones etc and pushing the patches well formated
and revisited to geany-devel mailing list so it can be inlcduied to
subversion main tree. This would be similar to subsystem maintainer
inside Kernel-development-process. Quiet important here is that we need
to avoid too many branches existing without sending patches upstream.
However, If this is working well, we could think about later really to
switch.

What do you think about?

Cheers,
Frank